Pastors Jerome & Cassandra ElliottJeremiah 3:15And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding.
YOU ARE ALWAYS WELCOME IN OUR WORSHIP
Sunday Morning Prayer 9:30 a.m.Sunday School 10:00 a.m.Morning Worship 11:15 a.m.Tuesday Prayer 5:30 p.m. Bible Study 6:00 p.m.Wednesday Lunch & Learn (prayer & bible Study) 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.Pastor, Lady Elliott & the BTG Church family invite you to worship with us anytime our doors are open!
Are you an Effective Soul-Winner for Christ?
Soul winning is one of the basic duties of every born again believer of the Gospel. It is not a task that is set aside only for those who are called ministers or missionaries, but it is an obligation for each of us. Seeing that God has been so gracious and kind to us, it should be our desire to help snatch every soul possible from the snares and kingdom of Satan. Jesus said in Luke 14:23~ And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled. Compel means that we are to provide a strong motive, or incentive for them to come to Christ. When we remember what it took for us to surrender our all to Christ, it will develop in us the patience needed to help win others to Him.
How do I know if I am an Effective Soul Winner? What are the characteristics of a of a soul winner? Do I possess them? Below are a few of the characteristics of an effective soul winner. How to you measure up? What can you do to become more effective?
- Soul- winners are spiritually prepared. ~ If you are going to win souls for Christ you must first walk closely with him yourself, and maintain a consistent Christian life. This means you must be a person of prayer, one that gives him/herself to the study of God's word, and who practices what they preach. You must be faithful and active in your church, which means that you attend Sunday School, Bible Study and regular Worship services.
- Soul -Winners Share Christ Anytime/Anywhere ~ 1 Peter 3:15 tells us to . But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear: An effective soul-winner should be open to share the Christ, at work, on vacation, at the mall, any and everywhere the opportunity presents itself.
Soul winners are adaptable in their presentation of the Gospel ~ Taking our example from Jesus and the apostle Paul who became all things to all men that he might win some. (1 Corinthians 9:19-23). Effective soul-sinners don't rely on what they have seen or heard from others but they use their own personal experiences and testimonies. They realize that each person and situation will be unique and different, and base their witness on the uniqueness of the person and situation.
- Soul-winners see their interactions with others as divine appointments~ When you realize that you are an instrument of the Grace of God to others, you begin each day with a Spirit of expectation that God will place you in situations that will allow you to bring others to Him, and Glory to His name. Soul winners see their mission to make the most of every encounter with others and to plant seeds that will lead others to Christ. Soul winners see every moment of every day as an opportunity to share Christ.
- Soul-winners do not work about the results~ Effective soul winners realize that they can not save everyone. It is the job and the work of the Holy Spirit to draw others to Christ. Paul reminds us that we must simply do our part, for one plants, another waters and God gives the increase. (1 Corinthians 3:5-10)
- Soul -winners Pray Consistently for opportunities to Share Christ with Others~ Effective soul-winners pray for those with whom they have witnessed and shared the Gospel. They also pray that God will give them divine appointments and witnessing opportunities every day. So that they can advance the kingdom of God.
How did you see yourself in these characteristics? We can all stand to grow into better and more effective witnesses for Christ. Remembering always that He that winneth souls is wise.
July 16, 2014, Pastor Jerome Elliott, Pleasent Grove M.B. church, W. Semester St., Osceola, AR., Redemption Conference- 7:00 pm-Pastor Edward & Lady Gladys Richardson
September 05, 2014, Lady Cassandra Elliott @ Macedonia New Life Ministry, 1010 Knowles, Blytheville, AR 72315, Women's Conference~ 7:30p.m. ~ Pastor Melvin & Lady Dina Lofton